Dividend Income - June 2014



I plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I have a Goal for 2014 of producing more than £300 in Dividend payments. This post will collate all of the monthly dividends I've received to date this year. I will show which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed. 

I'm in the very early stages of Dividend Growth Investing. The payments I'll be receiving will be small initially and they're likely to stay that way for some time. I need to remain patient in this early stage because success in this area does not arrive overnight. I must continue to save large chunks of my monthly income (over 50% for 2014), invest as much money as I can afford, and re-invest all other income streams into Dividend Growth stocks. I need to repeat this process consistently for several years to reap the rewards of my labour.

June Dividend Payments:

BAE Systems PLC £33.40
BP PLC £14.00
Centrica PLC £43.37
Newton Asian Income Fund £5.59
Royal Dutch Shell PLC B Shares £5.89
Unilever PLC £11.46
Broker Loyalty Bonus £0.37
Total £114.08

June was another record breaking month for me. It feels great to have back to back success in consecutive months. I brought in £55.29 in May, which was my previous best. It feels great to have doubled that amount the following month! June has set a nice marker for me for 2015 as it's scheduled to be my biggest payout in 2014. I've also achieved one of my benchmarks for the year by getting a 3-figure dividend payout.

I didn't receive any dividend payments for June 2013, so I kicked some serious butt this year. 

I have a goal to receive more than £300 in dividend income for 2014. My 2014 total is now standing at £193.61 which is 65% of the year total at the half way point of the year. I'm well on track to hit the annual goal I set for myself, and looking at my forward dividend payments I'm likely to hit it in September. I would like to be around the £500 at the end of the year, but it will depend on what companies I invest in and when they're scheduled to pay dividends, as I'm going to be running out of time to get substantial dividend payments in before the close of 2014 after next month. £300 seemed to be a big challenge when I decided on the total initially. The Car Sale and Redeployment of Funds have been the biggest factors in getting ahead of my goal, and I've also been surprised with how low I've been able to get my Monthly Expenses, which has left me with more money to invest with. I do plan on setting myself a big total for 2015 to see how far I can push myself. I'll set this goal, with the other goals I plan to make in December. 

Thanks as always for reading and for all of your kind support!

How was June for you? Did you set any Personal Bests? Are you on track to hit your targets for the year?

Labels: