Dividend Income - November 2014



plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I had a Goal for 2014 of producing more than £300 in Dividend payments, which I hit in September. My Dividend Income Goal has been extended (Version 2) to £550
This post will collate all of the dividends I've received this month and how I'm tracking against my Dividend Goals. I will reveal which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed.

I'm in the early stages of Dividend Growth Investing, yet I'm already witnessing the increased impact they are having on my monthly income. Over time, the Dividends will continue grow and become more significant. My long term goal is to receive enough Dividend Income to surpass my monthly expenses. I need to remain patient in this early stage because success will not arrive overnight. I will continue to save a large proportion of my monthly income (over 50% for 2014), invest as much money as I can afford, and re-invest all other income streams into Dividend Growth stocks. I will repeat this process consistently for several years to meet my goal of becoming Financially Independent by my 40th Birthday.

November Dividend Payments:

Centrica£18.31
IG Group£44.80
Royal London Sterling Extra Yield Bond£20.52
Loyalty Bonus£0.13
Total£83.76


First of all I want to mention that this month last year represented the start of my DGI journey. What a year! I bought my first shares in GlaxoSmithKline with some birthday money I received. I spent a total of £294, which I was so nervous about spending. I was blissfully unaware of the commission and charges, which came to 5%! It wasn't my smartest investment to date, but it got the wheels in motion and I haven't looked back since.  

November this year produced dividends that were well above my average for me. My average for 2014 is currently at £47.17 per month. 

I didn't receive any dividends in November last year, so for yet another month I had a big year on year increase. I'm also pleased to report that November 2013 was the last month that I didn't receive any income in a single month. This is a little milestone for me, which is nice to put behind me. For every month moving forward I'll now be able to make a direct comparison with a percentage difference. 

My 2014 dividend total is now at £518.89, which is £218.89 more than my Version 1 Goal (£300) and £31.11 short of my Version 2 Goal (£550). I have one month to go now, and December is set to be comfortably above my average so I'm on track to hit Version 2. 

  
Thank you for reading! 

How was November Dividend Income for you?

Labels: