Dividend Income - January 2015


plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I earned £9.88 in 2013 and £590.33 in 2014, and I have a goal to earn £2,000 in Dividends for 2015. This post will collate all of the dividends I've received this month and how I'm tracking against my Dividend Goals. I will reveal which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed. A new addition to this post in 2015 will be account I receive the income from. I have a NISA account with H&L, and a taxable share account with iWeb.

January Dividend Payments:
NISA
GlaxoSmithKline£15.20
National Grid£17.80
Loyalty Bonus£0.08
Total£33.08
Taxable Account
Berkeley Group Holdings£36.90
GlaxoSmithKline£13.49
Total£50.39
Combined Total£83.47

January's dividends were much higher than normal for me - £83.47. Over the course of 2014, my dividends averaged £49.19 per month. I received a dividend payment in every month last year, so I can now make a Year-on-Year comparison for every month. In January last year I received £2.66. This represents a 3,038% increase in comparison. That's a nice way to start the year.

In order to be on track with my 2015 Dividend Income Goal, I need to bring in £167 per month. My dividend income is very sporadic so I'm not expecting to hit that amount every month, but it's useful to know what I need as a guide. It's clear I have some work to do this year, but I'm pleased with the start I've made.



How was January for you? Have you started the year well? Are you making great YOY progression?



Labels: