UK Gathering: Spring UPDATE



It's been fairly quiet on the FFBF Blog over the last couple of weeks. During the last few weeks I've been creating more Kindle Books, I've set up and completed my first Coaching session with a paying client, and I've finalised some details for the UK Gathering. 

(I'll do a separate update on the Kindle Books and Coaching at the end of the month, so stay tuned for that!)

OK, to say I've been busy finialising details for the UK Gathering is a little unfair. My good friend Darren has done all the leg work for me (literally). I've just emailed him a few times. I met Darren at the first Gathering I organised at Symonds Yat in the New Year. He was brought up in Stratford Upon Avon, and suggested helping me out with some suitable locations for the UK Gathering on 21st March 2015. He kindly suggested walking around the town this past weekend and checking out some options based on the estimated numbers we're expecting. 

To my knowledge, based on the people that have either emailed me back, or left a comment on the blog, I'm expecting anything between 7-16 people to attend the gathering. That's not taking into consideration people that don't leave comments, haven't emailed me or have said they might be able to go. I've gone on people that have confirmed so far. 

The information I'm about to share is all off the back of the work Darren did. Thank you once again Darren!

People can park for free (without time limit) on Bridgetown Road (CV37 7JH).  It's a nice area, so cars will be safe. The walk into town is ten minutes.  There is also plenty of parking in the town, but you need to pay. The choice is yours!

We'll be positive about the weather and suggest meeting at the Swan Fountain Sculpture in Bancroft Gardens, at 10am. The post code is CV37 6BD. 

If the weather is likely to be poor for the Saturday morning, I'll send a Blog Post and a Tweet out to everyone on the Thursday or Friday and suggest meeting in our back up, indoor location, Carluccio's. The restaurant is very close to the Swan Fountain, the address is 13 Waterside, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6BA

Just to clarify, we're meeting at the Swan Fountain Sculpture unless the weather takes a turn for the worse.

If you're joining us for the day, please email me direct on the contact form on the right hand side of the Blog, and I'll email you my mobile number. 

For people arriving after 10am, please call me or text me to let me know when you're in town and me or someone else from the group will come and meet you. Ideally, if you could let me know in advance roughly what time you're arriving that would be really useful. We can set the day up to be around the locations mentioned above and meeting up with you will be much easier for everyone. 

Once we're all in attendance, we can hang out in the park, walk along the river, or hit the cafes or pubs. I really don't mind what we do, and I think it's best not to plan anything for the day itself. Let's just meet up, chat and see where the day takes us! 

I'm planning on stopping overnight with Miss FFBF, I've not booked anything yet. As and when I do, I'll let you know where I'm staying so you'll know where to avoid! We're likely to stop in a hotel in town, nothing special. Miss FFBF and I will spend the Sunday morning scoping out the town and the SoA sights. You're all welcome to join us if you're interested. We won't in any way be offended if you'd prefer to do the same thing on your own or with your family. 

I think I've covered all the basics. Please let me know if you have any questions about the day. 

Just writing this post has got me excited thinking about the day. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all in person. It's 3 1/2 weeks away now! 

Speak soon!

Huw


Labels: