Dividend Income - June 2015




plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I earned £9.88 in the whole of 2013, £590.33 in 2014, and I have a goal to earn £2,000 in Dividends for 2015. This post will collate all of the dividends I've received this month and how I'm tracking against my Dividend Goals. I will reveal which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed. 

I have three accounts where I'm currently earning Dividends from - I have an ISA account with H&L and iWeb, and a taxable share account with iWeb. I didn't receive any payments in my new ISA this month, but here are the numbers for my two other accounts. 


June Dividend Payments:
H&L ISA
BAE Systems£33.95
BP£15.74
Centrica£30.16
Morrisons£66.38
Newton Asian Income Fund£6.89
Royal Dutch Shell B£23.68
Unilever£10.68
Loyalty Bonus£0.08
Total£187.56
iWeb CMI
Centrica£37.38
Total£37.38
Combined Total£224.94


May's dividends were my best ever, and have made a considerable impact on my monthly average. June has been great month for me as I've produced my second highest dividend payout. At the end of April my average was £103.46, and thanks to the last couple of months it's gone up to £163.11. To be on track with my 2015 Dividend Income Goal (£2,000) I need to bring in £167 per month. My dividend income is very sporadic so I'm not expecting to hit that amount every month, but I'm pleased to see my monthly average is now well within reach.  

Over the course of 2014, my dividends averaged £49.19 per month. I received a dividend payment in every month last year, so I can now make a Year-on-Year comparison for every month. In June last year I received £114.08. This represents a 97increase Year on Year. 


Dividends - 2015
January£83.47
February£56.22
March£172.36
April£101.80
May£339.89
June£224.94
July-
August-
September-
October-
November-
December-
2015 Total£978.68
2015 Average£163.11



I'm now right on track with my annual goal for dividends, I'm still uncertain if I'm going to hit it though. My forward dividends don't reach that amount, and I'm going to be allocating surplus capital into Kindle until I can raise that income to a level that matches my current salary. 

There's a chance that I won't hit my goal due to this, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. I may fall short this year, but I intend on taking my investing to a NEW level next year when I'm earning more money working for myself. For June, my early calculations suggest I've earned something around £750 from Kindle, which I'll get paid at the end of August. I'm likely to cover my expenses with Kindle income alone during July. This helps me out enormously! 

On the work front, I've talked to my boss once again about my position, and I plan on leaving my employment at the end of August. I've made the decision NOT to go part time and to focus all of my efforts on getting my business up and running. I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life, and who knows where I'm going to be with it all by the end of the year. I have two of my biggest pay checks at work coming up for August and September, both of which have significant bonuses in them. August's will be my biggest ever monthly payment from employment. My Kindle income is now sufficient to cover my expenses, and by October/November, it might be close to a low wage I'd earn at work. 

believe in myself, and my ability to handle this transition, which I'm sure won't be easy. It'll be a lot of fun though!

Wish me luck!

PS. York is still 100% on, despite my lack of Blogging about it. I hope you're all still looking forward to it. It's only 6 weeks and change away now!


How was June for you? Have you hit your half way goal for the year? What do you plan on doing to make a difference for the rest of 2015? 

Labels: , , , ,