The Votes Are In - Down South Location REVEALED!!



Thank you all for voting. The polls are now closed.

[dramatic music starts playing]

The votes have been counted and independently verified (by me).

........ I can now reveal the location for the 2015 Down South, UK Gathering.......

........ 13 out of 16 of you voted for..........

[Drum Roll]

........ Pine Tree, Devizes, Wilts!


If you guys watched my Youtube video first, the dramatic build up to the announcement would have been a real let down.

(Yes Huw, watching the Youtube video first would have been the only 'suspense' killer!)


Pine Tree

Pine Tree was the run away winner in the selection. I was surprised to see no #1 votes for the Sustainability Centre. I thought I would have interested a few of you. I have to confess to voting Pine Tree 1st and Creeksea Place Barns 2nd, as I was after sole occupancy and I don't mind having a little more luxury, as we don't tend to do holidays.

Now that we've decided on our location, it's time to book it up!

Pine Tree costs £1,200 for 2 nights accommodation, with no extra charges. I need to pay a £300 deposit to hold the dates and the rest of the balance 4 weeks before arrival.

The manager said there's only one weekend free at the time of writing:

16-18th October 2015


Pine Tree sleeps 18 people. I'll be allocating beds out on a first come, first served basis. We can have up to 25 people attend the day time, but only 18 can stop overnight. Lou and I have pre-booked 2 of the beds, that leaves 16 beds remaining.........

If you can make that weekend, and you want to stop in the accommodation for 2 nights with the rest of the group, please send me an email confirming the following:
I will contact you back confirming your place, and I'll discuss payments with you separately.


Attending but not stopping over

If you're interested in attending the day time, but not stopping over, drop me an email confirming the following:

What if we can't get the numbers or the space goes?

I will source another location that matches Pine Tree's qualities and let you all know what it is, free dates and cost.


My Email 

hrdavies82@gmail.com




Group Name

The survey also clarified the  group name that we're going to call ourselves moving forward.

[dramatic music starts playing, as viewers complain]

"Is he doing this drawn out dramatic crap again?"

"Yes"

"Even after the poor attempt above?"

"You bet!"

[Drum roll]

......... FIRE Escape (TM)

(FIRE Escape T Shirts, dressing gowns and underwear soon to be found in all good value superstores) 


I look forward to hearing from you soon. 



Labels: , , ,