FIRE Escape Update - Gaer Hall 18-20 March 2016


(FIRE Escape Update)

We've had a great uptake from you guys so far. So, I wanted to start by saying a big thanks to everyone for going ahead and committing to the weekend in March. 

We have 8 rooms to use in Gaer Hall (7 bedrooms and a sofa bed in the library), which can accommodate 14 people. As it stands there's no more room at the inn. 

However, the owner lives in the house next door, and said she can accommodate 4 more in there. I haven't got the rate for the house, but if you're interested in stopping over, and we don't have any last minute drop outs, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the owner. 

I've paid for the deposit (£100), and the remaining £500 will need to be paid up by 26th Feb. I've included the table of attendees below. If you're on the table and you can no longer make it, please let me know so I can offer out the room to someone else. 

If the table below encounters no more change, the rate will be just over £52 each for 2 nights and just over £26 for Weenie. 

I encourage Day Guests to contribute towards the pot, as the people committing to stopping over really make the whole weekend happen. I feel it's only fair on them. I will ask once again for a contribution of £20-30. If you feel it should be higher or lower, please contact me direct to discuss. 

This is a non-profit weekend, and all extra donations and money will go back to the people stopping over.

Arrival is from 3.30pm on Friday, and we need to check out by 5pm on the Sunday. There are some people interested in coming along for the Saturday only, but no-ones finalised anything just yet. 

If you are interested, please drop a comment or use my contact form on the Blog to let me know who will be attending, with approx arrival and departure times. 

I will confirm the price to the current attendees in the next 7-10 days, once I've given more day guests the opportunity to come forward. 

I'm also going to set up a 'closed and private' Facebook page where I'll add attendees. Here, people can discuss lifts, food sharing, games, money saving/making tips. I will ensure the group is private - ie. people can't search for the group on Facebook or see who's in the group without been given permission to join by me. If you would like to be added to the group, please request me as a friend on Facebook  >>BE MY FRIEND<<. I respect anyone's wishes not to join the list for confidentiality reasons or allergies to social media.  The idea behind doing it is to increase communication among everyone without the need for me to be present. 

To which I'll add, anyone who is granted the prestigious honour of joining the Facebook Group will be expected to keep identities and details of group members private. There are numerous people within our community of Bloggers/readers that want their identities to remain anonymous and I'd like to respect their wishes. 

Here's the table of attendees as I have it. Please let me know if it's inaccurate. 


Rooms
Whole weekend
Fri
Sat
Sun
1
Huw
Yes
Yes
Yes
Lou
Yes
Yes
Yes
2
Richard
Yes
Yes
Yes
3
Cora
Yes
Yes
Yes
Helen
Yes
Yes
Yes
4
Emma
Yes
Yes
Yes
5
M (There’s Value)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Fella +2
Yes
Yes
Yes
6
A
Yes
Yes
Yes
Z (sometimes known as L)
Yes
Yes
Yes
7
M (Pinch the Pennies)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Rooms
1 Night
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
8
Weenie
-
Yes
Yes

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions about the weekend. I look forward to seeing you all there soon!


Labels: , , , , ,